When we talk about calibrating and activating a gyroscope in a smartphone, we are talking about a mandatory task for the sensor to work properly as it should. In this article you will learn how to calibrate the gyroscope of your Android device so that the Cardboard viewer and VR Box among other compatible virtual reality headset, work in the best possible way.
What are the methods to calibrate the gyroscope
This orientation sensor must be graduated with incredible precision in order for it to work in the best possible way, as it is fundamental to virtual reality and must work accurately a efficiently. In addition, to having the ability to rotate the screen, it’s also indispensable for using a lot of apps and VR games.
- There are several methods to calibrate this sensor depending on the mobile in which we are going to do it, but there is one that is the most known and used, which works in almost all devices. Just follow the path Adjustments, Movements, Sensitivity Adjustments and finally Calibration Gyroscope. Then you have to place the smartphone in a flat place so that the execution of the integrated sensor is graded.
- Another way to calibrate the gyroscope is to rotate the mobile in the axes of rotation, vertical and horizontal. In some circumstances, this option opens automatically with the instructions mentioned above to make the movements and thus achieve calibration of the sensor. It’s for example the case of the app maps and to activate the GPS of Google. You must make sure that the automatic rotation or auto rotate option is turned on so that the result of what you are doing is positive.
- The next method to calibrate the gyroscope is only for mobile phones with processors developed by MediaTek. We must place in the screen of the calls the code that we will provide you next: *#*#3646633#*#*. This is so that we can have access to the Engineer Mode which has advanced configuration options. After this, the next step is to select the tab “Hardware testing” and then “Sensor and sensor calibration” or also “Sensor calibration” .Later, go to the option “Calibrate G sensor” also called “G sensor calibration”. Next, you just have to leave your mobile on a flat surface and click on the button “Do calibration with 20% tolerance” and finally we have to run the option “Gyro calibration” or “Gyroscope calibration” and repeat the process.
These methods already mentioned work for almost all mobiles, among them are the Huawei P9 Lite and P8 Lite, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, among many others Samsung, the LG G3, G2 and l70, the Sony Xperia Z3, M2, Z2 and ZL, the Lenovo K5 and K5 Plus, the HTC M7, M8 and M9 and also the Motorola G2, G4, X Play, among others.
Learn how to adjust this sensor using apps
There are certain apps that help to calibrate the gyroscope of our mobile, such as Sensors Test for Android, which does exactly this function, calibrating the gyroscope of the smartphone. It’s available at Google Play. We also have G Sensor CalibrationTool, which also fulfills this function, but it’s not an official app and it’s not available at Google Play.
Another of them is Accelerometer Calibration, run this app and move the mobile until the ball is in the central picture, and there you have to press the button “calibrate” to get configured correctly. Or maybe, Quick Tune Up Phone Calibration, which is one of the easiest gyroscope apps to use it, just look for the “Sensor Calibration” option, then run the test and follow the instructions in the case it request you to follow the steps. When you’re done, you’ll have your sensor working to the best of its ability. It’s recommended to leave the mobile on a flat surface when testing.
- calibrate my cells gyroscope
- how to calibrate a gyroscope
- how to calibrate smartphone gyroscope